The internet is just amazing, isn’t it? We have all the knowledge of the world at our fingertips. As well as instant connection to anyone, anywhere. But what is this ease of communication and overwhelming blast of information really doing to us and our ability to attract customers and get attention?
In this great video by Itsoktobesmart, Joe Hanson helps us understand how our crazy connected world is affecting us and where it may just take us.
In today’s connected world, attention has its limits. Attention has become a vital asset that’s in limited supply. It’s also never been so important for businesses to get it. If this is the case, how do you get prospective clients not to overlook your content and getting attention while attracting customers?
There are three main points that all of you content should live by:
- Quality over Quantity: The big trend now is content, content, content. So many companies and businesses release paragraphs and paragraphs of the same garbage out on the web everyday, in hopes that it’ll nab some sorry sap. Your goal should be providing value to your customers. Developing an audience that will help spread the word about your product, service, and business.
- Provide the right content: I always suggest writing about what you’re passionate about. It enables you to write, well… passionately. Garnering attention and trust from your audience. But, at the same time, just because your passion is the Game of Thrones doesn’t mean that’s all you should talk about. Write content that is of value to your target market, information that a potential customer may be searching for.
- Consistency: I think this is the most difficult point to stick to. You don’t have to write or share something daily, just consistently. As business owners, we all know how hectic as well as how much things can change on a daily basis with-in our business. Our own attention to our marketing cannot be at the same level all the time. Decide on a posting and sharing schedule that you can stick to. This makes it easier for you to build an audience.
These easy steps will help you on your way to providing your business a strong internet marketing base that will help you develop clout in your industry as well as your ability to attract customers for your product or service.
If you have any questions or would like more information on this subject, feel free to comment below, call us today at 956.680.4584 or checkout these other articles on the subject.
- How Inbound Marketing can help Attract Customers
- Inbound Marketing on a Schedule
- How Marketing has Changed
- Building your Brand with Social Media
- Subscribe to our blog for quality articles like this one and secret content that only our subscribers get!
What are your thoughts?
Video Source: itsoktobesmart
Do you need a website, Logo, or marketing piece designed? Come on by for a cup of coffee and lets discuss you, your organization, and your product or service.